Per a suggestion from a supporter I am going to be adding a medical marijuana growing handbook section! Below are some of my favorite growing books: These are truly in no particular order!!!!
1) Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower’s Bible by Jorge Cervantes
- With 512 full color pages and 1120 full color photographs and illustrations, Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower’s Bible is the most complete cultivation book available. The Fifth Edition of the former Indoor Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor Bible was originally published in 1983, when it immediately became a best seller. More than 500,000 copies of the Indoor Bible are in print in Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish. New greenhouse and outdoor growing chapters make this a book both indoor and outdoor growers will keep under thumb. The other 15 chapters (17 total) are all updated with the most current information, completely rewritten and significantly expanded. For example, Dr. John McPartland contributed an all new medical section – The books credits list more than 300 contributors and reads like a who’s who in the world of cannabis cultivation. (Source, Amazon)
- The Cannabis Grow Bible fully explains both the art and science behind growing high-grade pot. Author and aficionado Greg Green blends a thorough understanding of marijuana botany with practical advice on coping with the day-to-day demands of maintaining a high-yield garden, and offers proven methods that maximize both yield and potency. Fully updated and illustrated in full color, and with techniques for both indoor and outdoor cultivation, this comprehensive guide covers everything growers need to know, including how to select the best plant genetics, soil and hydroponic grows, dealing with pests and predators, advanced systems and breeding, and protecting the crop from nosy neighbors. It also explains the “Screen of Green” technique that gives a higher yield using fewer plants. Green’s easy-to-follow instructions and the accuracy, breadth, and depth of information presented benefit newbies and professional gardeners alike.
3) The Cannabible by Jason King
- Astounded by the lack of books dedicated to the wondrous variety of his favorite plant, author Jason King set out on a four-year mission to document the world’s finest cannabis. Traveling around North America, Hawaii, and Europe, he captured over 1,500 strains on film (benevolently sampling a good number as well). Here in THE CANNABIBLE, images of the best 200 varieties are included alongside engaging and informative descriptions of their aromas, flavors, effects, and origins. Study this holy writ and figure out whether Purple Haze, Magic Kush, and the “P” is da kine or da shwag; learn which strains will give you the munchies or the wobbles; discover how appropriately named are Doc Kevorkian, Black Widow, and Cat Piss; and find out which strains are good for productivity, creativity, or just sitting on the couch, staring into space. With over 400 mind-blowing, full-color photographs of the world’s most beautiful nugs, this book will have you on the floor, bowing to the mighty bud-dha. A chapter contributed by one of the world’s most studious pot smokers, Rob Clarke, provides an in-depth explanation of the history of marijuana breeding.A unique reference guide, the first of its kind.
- The all new Marijuana Grower’s Handbook shows both beginners and advanced growers how to grow the biggest most resinous, potent buds! This book contains the latest knowledge, tools, and methods to grow great marijuana –indoors and out. Use the most efficient technology and save time, labor, and energy. Ed Rosenthal has been teaching people how to grow marijuana for more than 30 years. Let him help you cultivate bountiful buds and lots of them. With 500 pages of full color photos and illustrations, the book delivers all the basics that a novice grower needs, as well as scientific research for the experienced gardener. All aspects of cultivation are covered, from the selection of varieties, setting up of the garden, and through each stage of plant growth all the way to harvesting. Readers can link to Ed’s research for additional information,photos,and equipment updates. Full color photographs throughout clarify instructions and show the stunning results possible with Ed’s growing tips.
- The first book in the Marijuana Tips series, this accessible guide shows indoor cultivators how to refine their gardening techniques in order to markedly improve their crops. With an emphasis on organic methods, author DJ Short addresses every aspect of cultivation, from sprouting seeds, to lighting and temperature, to harvesting and curing. He also provides a wealth of information on marijuana breeding and plant selection.
- This practical, informative guide is packed with more than 700 full-color illustrations and photographs detailing more than 150 affordable marijuana grow setups. Become an expert on grow rooms, feminized seeds, seedlings, cloning, mother plants, singling out male and female plants early, peak sinsemilla harvest, as well as manicuring, drying and curing your crop for highest potency. Buy only the grow gear you need hydroponics and soil, lights, CO2, meters, fans and filters to maximize your harvest. Design and set up your grow room with supplies from your local hardware store and garden center. Plus troubleshoot problems and control common pests and diseases!
7) Marijuana Chemistry: Genetics, Processing, Potency -Michael Starks
- Marijuana Chemistry is a one-of-a-kind book that explains the various psychoactive constituents of cannabis, with full discussions of the effect of growth conditions, harvesting, and processing, and method of ingestion on potency. This new edition of the widely respected classic features 64 pages of updates based on current research and black market studies.
8) How to Grow Medical Marijuana – By Todd Mccormick
- Between the ages of two and ten, McCormick underwent long-term chemotherapy & radiotherapy treatments, as well as nine major operations in his fight against a rare disease called Histiocytosis X. When his mother feared that he would not survive a new tumour in soft tissue next to his heart, she decided to give him medicinal cannabis. Todd was nine years old at the time and his mother’s decision saved and changed his life.
- 9) CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY AND GROWERS GUIDEBOOK BY C.RESTIVO AND W.BRITT
Below are studies and links to interesting articles on many different topics within cannabis as a medicine and industry
Cannabinoids, like those found in marijuana, occur naturally in human breast milk – “Cell membranes in the body are naturally equipped with these cannabinoid receptors which, when activated by cannabinoids and various other nutritive substances, protect cells against viruses, harmful bacteria, cancer, and other malignancies. And human breast milk is an abundant source of endocannabinoids, a specific type of neuromodulatory lipid that basically teaches a newborn child how to eat by stimulating the suckling process.”
Click here or copy and paste the link below into your browser
The pharmacologic and clinical effects of medical cannabis
Direct link or click here: (copy and paste)
Alcohol or Cannabis? No Question Which Substance Poses a Greater Risk to Health
MS Symptoms in Mice Go Up in Smoke
Enhancing the Activity of Cannabidiol and Other Cannabinoids In Vitro Through Modifications to Drug Combinations and Treatment Schedules
Direct Link below or click here